Are you thinking of selling but wondering whether listing your home with a real estate agent is worthwhile? There are multiple steps involved in a successful real estate transaction and having a professional realtor to help with the details will not only make it run more smoothly, but it can also help you get a higher selling price for your home.
Advantages of Listing your Home with a Real Estate Agent
1. Your real estate agent can help you determine a reasonable listing price for your property, based on comparable properties in your area.
2. The listing agent is responsible for advertising your home, online and in the newspaper. By using more than one medium, your home will be seen by as many prospective buyers as possible.
3. Your real estate agent will help to ensure that only qualified buyers are shown your property. You won’t be spending time with people who are not ready to buy or who are not shopping in the price range where your home is being offered.
4. Prospective buyers may not feel comfortable giving you feedback about your home directly, but this is information you need to be aware of if you want to get your house sold. You will get more honest feedback if it comes at arm’s length and buyers can share their impressions with your realtor instead of having to speak to you directly.
5. You won’t need to spend time planning, advertising and holding open houses at your home on weekends. Your real estate agent will look after the details, greet potential buyers and show your home, taking care to point out its best features.
6. When a buyer makes an offer on your property, your realtor will be able to advise you. He or she can answer any questions about the terms the buyer is offering and help you to negotiate an agreement of purchase and sale that you will feel comfortable with.
As an experienced real estate professional, I have helped many clients sell their homes quickly and for the highest price. If you are thinking of putting your home on the market, contact me today to arrange your personal consultation.